The history of PELOPAC began in 1983, with a visionary Greek named Sotiris Kitrilakis and a breakthrough brand called Peloponnese®.
Sotiris has always been an inventor. An engineer trained at MIT, he has held over 40 patents and worked on high tech projects including the first artificial heart and the NASA space program.
Returning to Greece in the early 1980s, Sotiris re-discovered his passion for the food traditions of his homeland.
In 1983, he created the Peloponnese® brand as the first line of authentic Greek foods offered to mainstream American consumers. Ten years later – in 1993 – he founded PELOPAC as the dedicated producer of Peloponnese® products.
Sotiris and Peloponnese® are credited with groundbreaking industry innovations, including:
- Pitting of Kalamata variety olives
- Creation of first olive bars
- Bag-in-box concept for food service & deli olives
- Introduction of Roasted Red Florina peppers to US market
Sotiris’ visionary spirit is carried on by Constantinos Constantinidis, CEO of PELOPAC since 2001.
We continue to develop and produce Mediterranean specialties in original ways, driving industry growth through product and technology developments – Innovation Rooted in Tradition.
PELOPAC remains a leading innovator, and we have introduced:
- X-ray imaging for olive pit detection (first application worldwide)
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) for food service & deli olives
- Long shelf-life olives & spreads in clear plastic trays
- All-natural shelf stable appetizer dips
- Shelf stable, gluten free cracker-hummus packs
We work closely with our client and supply partners to develop products and technologies that drive growth, innovation and quality on an industry wide level.